A Conference visa is granted to a foreigner:
- whose sole objective of visiting India is to attend a conference / seminar or workshop being held in India ;
- who holds a valid passport, and a re-entry permit if that is required under the law of the country of nationality of the applicant;
- Who is not a persona-non-grata to the Government of India;
- Who is not considered an undesirable person and is not the subject of a negative list or any warning circular or other restrictive list;
- Who is a person of assured financial standing (the production of a return ticket and availability of sufficient money to spend during his stay in India may be considered sufficient for this purpose).